The AI fellowship is awarded to qualified MS and Ph.D. students. Students follow the regular graduate school application process, there is no separate application for the fellowship. The fellowship candidates are nominated by the faculty and recipients are determined by a written exam and an in-person interview. The fellowship exam is a take-home exam testing basic math (probability, linear algebra) and programming skills.
The fellowship offers the following benefits starting from April 2023:
- Scholarship: 16000 TL/mo for MS, 23000 TL/mo for Ph.D. students.
- Performance raise: Scholarship raise after a qualified publication as the first author: 1000 TL/mo for MS, 1500 TL/mo for Ph.D., to be re-evaluated every semester.
- Travel grant: support for subsequent top-tier conference publications.
- Computation grant: a laptop, full access to Koç University High-Performance Computing cluster, and cloud support as needed.
- All students receive private health insurance and subsidy for meals.
- GSSE Rules and Regulations apply for anything not specified in this document.
Please check Frequently Asked Questions for fırther information.